From: David Roberson

My reason for asking about the hydrocarbon was that it is contains a great deal
of hydrogen that must be stripped away from the carbon when burned.  Once free,
I would expect it to behave much like a broken apart hydrogen molecule.  Do you
understand why free hydrogen taken from a hydrocarbon would be different than
the free hydrogen derived from an H2 molecule?

Dave, Please do not confuse me with an expert on Dirac vis-à-vis LENR.

Much of this information and speculation has been floating around on Vortex and
other parts of the web for years, and my role in this thread has been simply to
try to regurgitate it into a framework that attempts to explain what is
actually seen and what is not seen, in the Rossi effect.

This is in anticipation of upcoming results showing very few indicia of nuclear
reactions. However, these results could instead show evidence that indicates
Rossi’s original idea of nickel transmuting to copper.

As for why hydrocarbons would seem to be less likely to participate in excess
gain reactions following combustion – such as an induced epo interaction, my
guess is that carbon is loaded with valence electrons to begin with - which
then become free and will flood the local environment, making it less likely
that a bare proton will be able to attract negative energy in its short
lifetime.

In contrast, carbon which is in the form of CNT would have all the valence
electrons strongly bound, and therefore would be more conducive to promoting
the epo reaction. Just a guess…