More...

Going from carbon and water to nickel is a LENR reaction that requires the
injection of a good deal of energy to occur. Since carbon are water are low
Z elements that transmute to high Z elements, just about all the elements
produced require external energy for the reaction to occur. Mizuno is not
the only experiments to show endothermic energy input.

In this experiment the possible source of the energy is the electric arc.