I believe Peter Hagelstein is excited about the Karabut result because he
believes that Karabut demonstrates high energy x-ray photons being
synthesized by a collective sum of much lower energy lattice phonons.  If
it is possible for this up-conversion to occur, then it lends credibility
to his theory that the down-conversion of high energy photons to lattice
phonons (fractionalization) can occur as he predicts with his theory.

Bob H.

I think Hagelstein draws on Karabuts work as well, but the relevance to his