On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 6:55 PM, Bob Higgins <rj.bob.higg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Dr. Va'vra has a 2013 ArXiv paper (http://arxiv.org/pdf/1304.0833v3.pdf) -
> I think it is a fascinating fit to this thread.  If someone else already
> cited this, I apologize for the duplication.

I had a moment to read this paper.  Va'vra identifies his DDL hydrogen with
dark matter.  He suggests, for example, going down into the Gran Sasso lab
to better detect the signals which he proposes should add up to 511 keV
(when measured across a full solid angle).  I get the impression he
understands the DDL hydrogen to be passing *through* the earth, as one
would expect of dark matter.

This move raises a challenge to be addressed.  A DDL hydrogen atom is
baryonic matter and can reasonably be expected to approach the behavior of
a neutron.  I would expect the significant amount of DDL hydrogen dark
matter passing through the earth to be equivalent to a high neutron flux,
causing all kinds of capture events.  Va'vra mentions in passing that maybe
such capture events would be unlikely because of a small dipole moment.
 But I think this is just a way to have things both ways.  Even if we
suppose that the DDL hydrogen-capture cross section is smaller than that
for a neutron, one presumes it would still be nontrivial.  (Mills's theory
must also address this challenge.)

Eric