From: Jed Rothwell

*  No, we are not talking about self-made gadgets. We are talking about three
of the world's best facilities for measuring helium: U. Texas, Rockwell
International, and the U.S. Bureau of Mines. That was stated by Miles, by me
and by others many times. Has Jones Beene read nothing? Or does he think that
world-class experts at leading labs do not know the characteristics of their
own instruments

In many case we are talking about self-made gadgets to enrich the helium.
Rothwell talks about 16 others besides Miles… so which of them also has access
to a putative ppb MS, and which has not relied on enrichment?

Has Rothwell read nothing, or can he explain why these top labs cannot measure
the mass of the proton and come up with the identical value? That would be an
important ppb measurement - and yet they cannot do it.

Apparently someone at one of these facilities, who may or may not speak for the
Lab itself, apparently thinks he can measure ppb in a repeatable way for
helium, without enrichment - but the proof is in the puddin’ and if they could
do this, in a repeatable way - why can they not measure proton mass at greater
than ppm?

Why does Rothwell not identify the manufacture of this magical MS device, so we
can cross-check with the published specs from the manufacturer ? Probably
because he knows the published specs do not support ppb.

This makes me think that this ppb nonsense is NOT something which we should be
basing the future of the entire field on, when in fact neither of the top two
“hero” efforts, in terms of net gain in megajoules – showed helium !!

That’ right – neither of the hero results of the past 25 years of LENR showed
helium. We should ask – why not – or why did Roulette/Pons – who had access to
MS not test at all? Or… heaven forbid, did they test and decline to publish,
since the results did not meet expectations? It makes no sense that they would
not test.