I think putative DDL state hydrogen (Df/H) and probably hydrinos would be
more stable that you give them credit. At our environmental temperatures,
the average kinetic energy is 1.5 kT which is about .04 eV at room
temperature.  Hydrinos would probably need 50eV in an inelastic collision
to re-inflate, and Df/H would need something like 500keV.  So, hydrinos
would find some ppm of re-inflation on the tail of the Boltzmann curve, but
the Df/H atoms would not.  Long before you got to a 500keV collision, the
Df/H would fuse with its collision target.

Bob Higgins