For an EM field to propagate, the electric and magnetic fields must be
coupled.  Once you stop the electric field, the magnetic field will also be
stopped.  At low enough frequencies, the penetration depth of the field
will allow some EM field to escape, attenuated by the propagation through
the metal.

Even if SiC was used for the tubes, it would block most RF as SiC ceramic
is a conductor, but a poor one.  SiC is an expensive ceramic to make in the
size of the hotCat and if Rossi were using this, it would probably price
his hotCat out of the market for home devices.  I don't believe he is using
SiC in his hotCat - I believe the reactor core is stainless steel (as the
Penon report describes) welded closed at the ends of the coaxial tubes.
That doesn't mean he hasn't experimented with SiC.  SiC is very hard to
machine and it would be challenging and expensive to produce a coaxial
reactor vessel (as shown in the Penon report) and seal its ends.

Bob Higgins