From: Alan Fletcher <a...@well.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thu, Nov 6, 2014 11:42 am
Subject: Re: [Vo]:New Rossi Patent Appln..publishes Today

Quick read : most of it describes the physical structure and results of the
first (2013) independent test.  It says nothing about what the reaction is,
other than it contains nickel and produces hydrogen.

Banding/shadows  :  for the melted/banding run it gives the dimensions and
positions of the bands and the heater elements. The dark parts are where the
wires are.  It ascribes these to shadow, though I still think those wires
(based on the Penon pictures)  were too thin to produce shadows from the
internal, diffuse source.

I think that the result from the different energy transfer of ceramic and the
gaps in  the ceramic (where the energy would have to be transferred by
radiation or conduction through a gas). I deduce that the conduction through
the ceramic won.  It still means that the energy was coming from inside, and
not from the heater wires.

600 is new - describing an assemblage of 18 reactors

[0169] A system 600 for producing heat, according to at least one embodiment,
is illustrated in FIG. 17. According to at least one embodiment, the system
includes a high number of individual reactor devices. The reactor device 400
described above represents an exemplary choice for use in the system 600,
although other reactor devices including reactor device 200 and others are
within the scope of these description of the system 600. In a particular
example of the system 600, a total number of 18 reactor devices are used. Each
of the reactors may absorb a power of about 1.1 kW.    ...

This is used to generate STEAM --- the COP is reported as  *** 11.07 ***