Subject: Re: email services for state newsletter
From: joyka...@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 17:34:50 -0500 (EST)

I split my list in fourths.  I also covered myself previous to my  first
mailing by speaking to a real person at my 2 servers (sbcglobal and  aol) and
assuring them I am a "safe sender".  I also sent directions in my  initial
introductory email to members that they should add my name to their
addressbooks since that often allows attachments to come through that are sent
to a
group.
It's interesting that many seem to really like this personal touch -
someone to call if there's a computer problem, or who gets in touch with them
by
phone when mail does not go through.
Since our newsletter goes on the state website, I have wanted to just send
a link to it, but members seem to want the attachment and the email.
 Keeping the list current is the big job.  Sending the notes out  is easy.
I have over 800 on my mailing list.  But whatever mailing  service you
choose, keeping an accurate list is always the big job.  Branch  presidents or
membership chairs are a real help with that.  -Joyce.

In a message dated 11/30/2011 4:13:37 P.M. Central Standard Time,