Mark Phillips wrote:
> I am, at long last, playing around with using Webware for html pages
> that are information submission forms. I would like to create a dozen
> or so information request forms that are validated before being
> accepted.
>
> I can see that KidKit is loaded but I don't see how to invoke its
> examples. I tried adding line in Application.config...
>
>       Contexts['KidKit'] = WebwarePath + '/KidKit'

Don't do that. The KidKit plugin is loaded automatically if you have Kid
installed, and you should see the KidKit example pages along with the
other example pages e.g. for PSP.

But KidKit is not the right thing for form validation anyway.

> Along the same lines, I was playing with Ian Bicking's FunFormKit. I
> read through the pages about FunFormKit and didn't find a comment as
> to where to place the files, so I placed the FunFormKit directory in
> a working directory using MakeAppWorkDir.py. It is at the same level
> as Main.py. I added this line to Application.config:
>
>       Contexts['FunFormKit'] = 'FunFormKit/Examples'

I think you are confusing Plug-Ins and Contexts. KidKit and FunFormKit
are both examples of Webware Plug-Ins. They are usually installed
directly in the Webware directory, at the same level as the "WebKit"
directory (you can control which Plug-Ins are loaded from where with
two AppServer.config settings). The Contexts usually only contain your
actual Webware servlets.

Concerning form creation and validation, you can try out FormKit,
FunFormKit und FormEncode. A while ago I was planning to integrate
FormKit back into Webware, or create a better replacement, but never
found the time.

-- Chris