Dan Harkless <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Philipp Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I haven't checked development versions, but wget 1.6 needs a small
> > patch to make it display correctly in locales different from
> > C/POSIX under glibc2.2 and up. Specifically, LC_CTYPE has to be
> > set along with LC_MESSAGES to correctly set the terminal output
> > charset.

Yes.  I hate them for making that change, but apparently it's allowed
(or even required, I forget now) by the applicable standards.

> > Now this has additional implications as now the behaviour of the
> > ctype.h macros changes. One solution for this would be to use the
> > safe-ctype.h header created for GCC to circumvent exactly this
> > problem. safe-ctype.h defines all the necessary stuff but based on
> > the C/POSIX locale and is *not* locale dependent. If this is an
> > acceptable solution for you, I could do the changes and then send
> > you the diffs.

Philipp, you've nailed it down -- the ctype change is the reason why I
didn't want to make that change.

If the sage-ctype thing is not too ugly, using it would be acceptable.
If/when you're making the change, don't forget to make the patch
against the latest CVS sources.  Thanks for your effort.