Daniel Stenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
>
>> So if I have the connection to the endpoint, I should be able to
>> reuse it.  But on the other hand, a server might decide to connect
>> a file descriptor to a handler for a specific virtual host, which
>> would be unable to serve anything else.  FWIW, it works fine with
>> Apache.
>
> I would say that your described approach would work nicely, and it
> would not contradict anything in the HTTP standards. Each single
> request is stand-alone and may indeed have its own Host: header,
> even when the connection is kept alive.

Hmm, OK.  I guess I needed an independent confirmation, thanks.  I
would feel safer if 19.6.1.1 section of rfc2616 were explicit about
persistent connections, but I guess it could be inferred.

One thing that might break (but that Wget doesn't yet support anyway)
is NTLM, which seems to authorize the *connections* individual
connections.  Does curl handle NTLM?