"Tony Lewis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> It's possible that the server responding to the IP address forwards
> connections to multiple backend servers. These backend servers may
> or may not know about all the resources that the gateway server know
> about.

That is precisely the case I'm worried about.  I can't point to
anything in rfc2616 that would forbid this kind of server-side
optimization.

> Since it will work most of the time, I think it's a reasonable
> optimization to use, however you might want to add a
> --one-host-per-connection flag for the rare cases where the current
> behavior won't work.

The thing is, I don't want to bloat Wget with obscure options to turn
off even more obscure (and *very* rarely needed) optimizations.  Wget
has enough command-line options as it is.  If there are cases where
the optimization doesn't work, I'd rather omit it completely.