Daniel Stenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Yes it does. It certainly makes things more complicated, as you
> would have to exclude such a connection from the checks (at least I
> think you want that, I don't think you'll be forced to do so). And
> you also need to exclude HTTPS-connections from this logic (since
> name-based virtual hosting over SSL isn't really possible).

I'm already treating SSL and non-SSL connections as incompatible.  But
I'm curious as to why you say name-based virtual hosting isn't
possible over SSL?

>> Does curl handle NTLM?
>
> Yes it does since a while back. I am willing to donate NTLM code to
> the wget project, if you want it. I'm not very familiar with the
> wget internals so they wouldn't be a fully working patch, but a set
> of (proved working) functions to be integrated by someone with more
> wget insights. (It depends on crypto- functions provided by
> OpenSSL.)

That's very generous, thanks!  I planned to improve Wget's HTTP
internals (which are very raw right now) anyway, so don't worry about
that.  A set of callable functions would be perfect.