I understand your point. But unfortunately Dutch, French and German are rather
bad examples. There are enough languages which would localise your name, like
e. g. the Baltic languages Lithuanian and Latvian. Here an example from Latvian
language Wikipedia: https://lv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerhards_Šrēders (the former
German chancellor Gerhard Schröder)
The Dutch Gerard Meijssen would not stay Gerard Meijssen in such languages, in
Lithuanian language you would likely be called Gerardas Meisenas or the like,
and also labelled as such.