Actually, like it is, there is no *number of planets* property, there is a
class of planet (solar system planet) together with a *number of instances*
property. This might save us : we can have two item :
* solar system planet (old style definition) and
* solar system planet (new style definition)
 This might just put the problem in another place though :) although this
might not change the correctness of statements like *<solar system*>  <has
part> <*solar system planet* (old style)> :)

Pluto can still be an old style definition planet, and maybe <solar system
planet>
 is a subclass of <*solar system planet* (old style)>

Thinking about it, classes are naturally a good way to deal with
definitions.