On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 3:55 PM, John Erling Blad <jeb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks! What you are saying is that you don't want any feedback.

I am sure we do (as always). I think we already got (imho) enough feedback
and need to proceed best as possible (within our constraints) to satisfy
what folks want.

What I hear is that people like that the results in the special page are
"live" (vs. cached) and they use the iwlinks filter.  I think we can adjust
how the query works to make if fast enough to not require caching (except
maybe "squid" caching for a minute).

Also, some people are interested in having results sorted by how old the
page is (so people can find recently create pages, or other way around).
For the most part, page_id provides this while also being better choice
performance-wise.  It is also consistent with how Special:PagesWithProps
works. (Special:PagesWithProps is also pretty fast, thus it doesn't need to
be a cached special page)

I think we can also extend QueryPage so that we can make this information
available in the api. (sorting by page title is not very suitable for
QueryPage)  and if for some reason we still need caching now or in the
future, then it would be more easily possible if we extend QueryPage.

Cheers,
Katie

> On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 3:07 PM, Lydia Pintscher
> <lydia.pintsc...@wikimedia.de> wrote:
> > On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 3:01 PM, John Erling Blad <jeb...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> ...and one additional thing; use of this page is client side, not
> >> server side. That imply that the communities at the client side should
> >> be asked, not the community at the server side. Which means that this
> >> list is the wrong forum.
> >
> > John, I got the answers I needed from the people who actually use the
> > page and we're making it more useful for them based on this feedback
> > within the technical constraints we have right now.
> >

> > Cheers
> > Lydia
> >
> > --
> > Lydia Pintscher - http://about.me/lydia.pintscher
> > Product Manager for Wikidata
> >
> > Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
> > Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24
> > 10963 Berlin
> > www.wikimedia.de
> >
> > Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e. V.
> >
> > Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg
> > unter der Nummer 23855 Nz. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das
> > Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/681/51985.

Katie Filbert
Wikidata Developer

Wikimedia Germany e.V. | Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24, 10963 Berlin
Phone (030) 219 158 26-0

http://wikimedia.de

Wikimedia Germany - Society for the Promotion of free knowledge eV Entered
in the register of Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg under the number 23
855 as recognized as charitable by the Inland Revenue for corporations I
Berlin, tax number 27/681/51985.