I wonder about how much of the fruit we've gathered.  The plant WikiProject
has about 30,000 articles, which include a mixture of articles about plant
species, plant morphology and anatomy, and plant biologists.  There are
close to 300,000 plant species in the world.  If we're only in the 5-10%
range when it comes to coverage, I could imagine that could easily triple
the number of articles without delving into the really hard to find
corners.  I can imagine that the Arthropods WikiProject (and its daughter
projects) have about 13,000 articles under their care.  Again, adding
100,000 arthropod articles shouldn't be difficult.  True, the stuff that you
could add off the top of your head may be gone, but grab a good field guide
to plants, or grab a historical dictionary, and you could add hundreds of
articles.  To me it always seems like time is the major constraint, not
stuff that needs to be written about...