At 11:17 AM 6/1/2010, Carcharoth wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Risker <risker...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Procedural note to moderators:  Perhaps it is time to consider a length
> > limit on posting?
>
>I'm not a moderator, but I've just been skipping those long posts.
>They are annoying, but I may one day read those posts if I have
>nothing better to do, and sometimes there is something interesting in
>there.

That's what I do with long posts that don't grab me. Some people like
long posts, some don't. Some of those who don't want to prevent those
who like them from receiving them. It is a very old story.

I skip *lots* of posts. But I have no opinion that there is
necessarily something wrong with them. Obviously. If the writer
wanted to reach me, then the effort failed. But the post wasn't sent
personally to me, if it were, I'd be much more inclined to read it.

Now, what I do which could be a problem is to respond to an
individual, thus luring the individual into reading it, but I'm
actually exploring a much larger topic. Perhaps if I'm going to write
something that might be taken as an attack, I should make it brief
and separate it from the larger commentary -- or not send it at all.