Focus on the task is the work involved. It is only with great difficulty
that a group can develop the skill necessary to deal successfully with
the dynamics inherent in group work and get something done.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilfred_Bion#Basic_assumptions and his
book Experiences in Groups.

Fred