On Thursday, 22 March 2012 at 19:34, WereSpielChequers wrote:

> Inclusionism and deletionism are a spectrum not a binary choice, wherever
> you are on that spectrum there will be editors who are more deletionist or
> more inclusionist than yourself. The closer you are to one end of the
> spectrum the more likely it is that you will think that the other end of
> the spectrum is dominant.
>
> Which is a longwinded way of sadly saying no, in fact it's very much the
> opposite. Deletion debates generally attract deletionists, especially as
> the inclusionists have to take more time the more potential sources they
> can check.

I think that's probably a bit too broad-brushed too. Certain types of deletion
debates tend to have no reference to -isms, because there's an understood and
clearly applicable standard. On English Wikipedia, look at WikiProject
Football, where they have a pretty clear notability standard (NFOOTY) such that
most deletions aren't that contentious.

As an admin who closes a fair few AfDs, and as a human being who isn't a big
fan of loudmouthed ideological posturing, I have to say that I rather like such
topic areas.

--
Tom Morris
<http://tommorris.org/>