On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Fred Bauder <fredb...@fairpoint.net> wrote:

> Goes too far. A Procrustean Bed.

Really?

What about this proposal?

"In light of such examples, I think it’s high time to start a
discussion on whether to amend Wikipedia’s BLP policy as follows:

*WP contributors will not start biographies on lesser-known living
people without their permission. The project is full of three-sentence
stubs on people of minor notability, more often than not started by
contributors eager to increase their number of “articles created”.

*If a lesser-known biographical subject wants their WP biography
deleted, their request will be honored. The biographical information
for this subject will be replaced with a template stating something
along the lines of: "We regret that Ms/Mrs/Mr X decided not to have
his biography featured on WP. For further information, please consult
their website."

That was from User:DracoEssentialis (12:00, 23 March 2012 (UTC)).

I'm also going to post what I proposed at that AfD, but I'll do that
in another thread.

Carcharoth