Hi all,

We are considering cutting the membership fee to £5 flat. (It is currently £12
waged, £6 unwaged.)

We would like to expand membership before the AGM and we feel cutting the
membership fee will help with this. It will also simplify our administration.
We are planning to email everyone who donated during the fundraiser asking if
they would like to become a member at this reduced rate, as well as emailing
all current members asking if they would like to renew their membership at the
new rate.

Does anyone object to this? We appreciate that some of you will have recently
paid membership fees at the full rate, but if we are to make such a cut it is
inevitable that some people will have paid the full rate in the months before
the cut, and in the long-run everyone will benefit from it. If it is any
consolation, all three of us board members who have been on the board from the
start have already paid our dues for the year at the higher rate.

All comments are appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Tom Holden
Treasurer, Wikimedia UK