2011/1/21 Maciej Jaros <e...@wp.pl>:
> Yes, I know I'm stubborn, but 6 bytes (0.6%)? Seriously? Doesn't seem
> convincing to me and seems like it could at least use
> $wgResourceLoaderMinifyJSHorizontalSpace (even if true by default).

Trevor probably didn't choose a very good test case. He also tested it
on jQuery, though, and found that the unmodified version of JSPacker
was faster than JSMin and produced output that was 1% larger after
gzip. So in the general case, JSDistiller probably doesn't quite
minify JS optimally, but the difference with JSMin is small and the
difference in performance is ridiculous. That, and it doesn't present
legal problems.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)