On 21/01/11 12:46, Trevor Parscal wrote:
> Joke or not, it's in there, and it's a violation of the GPL.

Did you try emailing the author and asking for a dual license?

On 21/01/11 12:58, Roan Kattouw wrote:
> Plus the alternative is better anyway.

Sure, but Trevor is claiming that he wrote it because of the license
issue. Since he has publically ranted three times:

<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.linguistics.wikipedia.technical/50082>
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.linguistics.wikipedia.technical/50910>
<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/73196#c13027>

about how terrible my changes to JSMin.php were, in September,
December and January, I can't help but think that there was another
motive for this rewrite.

I have no problem with Trevor reverting that change, I said so the
second time this came up, so I think it's amusing that Trevor needed
the excuse of license incompatibility before he actually did
something. I'm glad that he's finally found the motivation from
somewhere, so that he can stop bothering me with his periodic rants.

-- Tim Starling