This is great! Origin and gerrit remotes disagreeing could potentially
cause havoc.  saper and I went through some tutorials telling people to use
`git clone -o gerrit` when starting development, but this is much cleaner.
I added it to
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/Tutorial#Prepare_to_work_with_gerrit

For existing repos you wrote:

> You'll need to perform an additional step to migrate existing repositories.
> In each repository, run the following commands:
>
>   git remote set-url origin $(git config --get remote.gerrit.url)
>   git remote rm gerrit
>   git review -s

If you don't do this, your first git review in each project after adding git
-
review.conf will do the git review -s step for you.

If you have local branches tracking a "gerrit" remote (because you followed
the git advice/lore to always begin feature work with
   git checkout -b my_new_feature -t gerrit/master
) then they'll now be disconnected, and you'll
have empty sections for them in the project's ~/.config.

When you try to update your local master branch, git nicely tells you how
to fix this:

MyProjRepo% git pull --ff-only
There is no tracking information for the current branch.
Please specify which branch you want to merge with.
See git-pull(1) for details

    git pull <remote> <branch>

If you wish to set tracking information for this branch you can do so with:

    *git branch --set-upstream-to=origin/**<branch>** master*

So do this for your local branches tracking the remote master on gerrit:

MyProjRepo% git branch --set-upstream-to origin/master master
MyProjRepo% git branch --set-upstream-to origin/master my_new_feature

etc.

--
=S Page