Hi.

It seems to me that there are chipsets that do not support promiscuous mode
at all.
In other cases, the chipset can capture in promiscuous mode but the driver
disables it.
I remember that there was a discussion about these problems in the Ethereal
mlist.
In any case, this is something WinPcap cannot solve.

Cheers,

        fulvio