Read again the part of your email, below: could the "evil" "open
source" term have anything to do with it ?!? I have a couple of other
things running on a W2K box, and all happened to be "open source" or
freeware,  coincidentally, and some were immediately identifed as
potentially malicious by the M$ stuff ... ;)

Now - if Microsoft was to develop winpcap, and sell it ... hmm ...
that would probably make it safer, by definition (Microsoft =
security, as we all know). ;>

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 19:29:41 +0100, Philip Stoev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> WinPcap is identified as follows:
>
> WinPCap
> Type: Enabler