From: Peterson, Joel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tue 12/5/2006 2:16 PM
To: Rob Mensching; David Thielen; wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [WiX-users] Need recomendation - including .NET redist

In the underlying complexity, I'm sure SQL 2005 is more complex than Exchange
2007. The prerequisite detection, user interface, and installation
customization (and how they pass information on to the MSIs) of all of these
Microsoft bootstrappers are amazing. It'd be nice to have generic forms of
each, for sure.

We're looking to wrap all of our products and add-ons into individual WiX-based
MSIs, with an Exchange 2007-style localized bootstrapper as the CD autorun for
installation. I've done some research into companies that might offer toolkits
to do this, but there really are none. It'd make WiX, and Windows Installer in
general, all the better if this sort of thing was available.

Joel Peterson

Quality Assurance Engineer