From: Navid Azimi-Garakani [mailto:naz...@microsoft.com]
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 2:29 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] WIX 2.0 on IIS 7.5 with IIS 6.0 Compatiblity Mode

I am having an issue deploying to IIS 7.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2 using WIX
2.0.3719.0 with IIS 6.0 Compatibility Mode. The problem is that anytime we
deploy a virtual directory it "destroys" the parent site. To clarify, the
virtual directory gets installed correctly but the parent site no longer has a
physical path or application pool associated with it.

We have two separate MSIs: one to install the parent site and one to install
the virtual directory. Has anyone ever run into this? Or have any ideas on what
I can do to debug this further? The same MSIs work perfectly on IIS 6.0 running
on Windows Server 2003.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks,
Navid