From: Mike Carlson (DEV DIV)
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 2:21 PM
To: Navid Azimi-Garakani; General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: RE: WIX 2.0 on IIS 7.5 with IIS 6.0 Compatiblity Mode

I guess wixcop doesn't update extension elements for you.

These errors are coming because all these elements have all been moved into
extensions of the wix toolset. Use wix.chm to see which element is part of
which extension. Then make sure you reference the appropriate extensions'
namespace in your Wix element. For example, here's how to include the util
namespace:
        <Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi";
xmlns:util="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/UtilExtension";>

Then to reference it appropriately, change:
        <XmlFile>

        <util:XmlFile>

WebDirProperties is part of IIS, etc. Then during both compile and link, you
need to reference the right extension too when compiling, like:
        Candle -ext wixutilextension <allyourothercandleargs> file.wxs
        Light -ext wixutilextension <allyourotherlightargs> file.wixobj

Hopefully you get the idea.

Thanks,
Mike Carlson