Hello,
I'm having trouble showing a custom 'confirm' dialog in the middle of my
install sequence and continuing on property.  I'm using 3.5 RTM.

Currently I show the welcome dialog, then the license agreement.  After that I
want to show a warning in a spawned dialog.  If the user agrees to it I want to
continue onto the next dialog.

However, if I raise a 'new dialog' from the license agreement's Next button, as
well as spawning the confirmation dialog, it does not show.  I get the
confirmation dialog, but not the new/next one.

If I raise a new dialog from the OK button on the spawned dialog I DO get the
next dialog but it's replaced the spawned one, not the license agreement, so
when I go back I get an error 2856.

My current code looks like this:

<Publish Dialog="WelcomeDlg" Control="Next" Event="NewDialog"
Value="LicenseAgreementDlg"><![CDATA[BOOTSTRAPPER_RUN<>"True"]]></Publish>
<Publish Dialog="WelcomeDlg" Control="Next" Event="NewDialog"
Value="InstallDirDlg"><![CDATA[BOOTSTRAPPER_RUN="True"]]></Publish>
<Publish Dialog="LicenseAgreementDlg" Control="Back" Event="NewDialog"
Value="WelcomeDlg">1</Publish>
<Publish Dialog="LicenseAgreementDlg" Control="Next" Event="SpawnDialog"
Value="ConfirmEnableWindowsSearchDlg"
Order="1"><![CDATA[WINDOWS_SEARCH_SERVICE_START="#4"]]></Publish>
<Publish Dialog="LicenseAgreementDlg" Control="Next" Event="NewDialog"
Value="InstallDirDlg" Order="2">ConfirmEnable</Publish>

<Publish Dialog="ConfirmEnableWindowsSearchDlg" Control="Cancel"
Event="EndDialog" Value="Exit" Order="1">1</Publish>
<Publish Dialog="ConfirmEnableWindowsSearchDlg" Control="OK" Event="EndDialog"
Value="Return" Order="2">1</Publis
<Publish Dialog="ConfirmEnableWindowsSearchDlg" Control="OK" Event="NewDialog"
Value="InstallDirDlg" Order="3">1</Publish>

I don't think I should do a new dialog from the confirmation dialog, but I
cannot get the next dialog (InstallDirDlg) to show otherwise.

The properties are set correctly, but when I spawn a dialog I cannot get the
next dialog to show after clicking OK without creating a second form.  This
gives an error if I try to go back.

What am I doing wrong?  Has this already been answered because I couldn't find
it in the list.

Note: the ConfirmEnableWindowsSearchDlg has NO <Publish> elements.  The OK
button control sets the 'ConfirmEnable' property to 1 and the Cancel button
does nothing.

Regards,
Isobel Smith
Software Engineer
Exclaimer Limited

Tel:    +44 (0) 1252 531 422
Fax:    +44 (0) 845 050 4044
Email:  mailto:isobel.sm...@exclaimer.com

Best Selling Mail disclaiming products for Microsoft Exchange Environments.
Please consider the environment before printing this email message.

Disclaimer:
wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net. If you are not wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify
isobel.sm...@exclaimer.com immediately by e-mail if you have received this
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain
viruses. Isobel Smith therefore does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.
Exclaimer is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered
number: 4938619. Registered office: Alpha House 9-11 Alexandra Road Farnborough
Hampshire GU14 6BU United Kingdom