I think you and Fredrik would get along quite well. The WiX toolset native
codebase uses very few classes but is still C++ code (uses // for comments
and other small things not originally supported in C).

Why? Because we developed a very consistent style that is used
everywhere. That style was originally developed by taking the best parts of
Word, Excel and MSO. Remember most of WiX was developed by people working in
Office back in 1999.
The consistency is possibly the most valuable part although the error
handling/logging made possible with the ExitOnFailure() macros is pretty
awesome as well (a long as you are okay with functions having a single

virtually, Rob Mensching - http://RobMensching.com LLC