From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 1:52 PM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] accessibilty and responsibility

Hi all,

I'm coming to this very much as a newbie, so be gentle with your
response: I feel that, in many ways, we as web designers are getting the
short straw by being asked to counteract the shortcomings of the
browser/PC people, rather than the other way around.  For example, Opera
has a really great zoom feature (as we know) and I can't help feeling
that there should be a push to 'demand' this of all browsers. It even
works with Flash of course . .. . I haven't heard anything about work
going on from this aspect of things (maybe I just don't know about it)
but feel that if there isn't such work in progress there should be!

What exactly is the position?

I hope this isn't OT - I considered not because accessibility is a part
of standards.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Bob McClelland,
Cornwall (U.K.)