Bert Doorn wrote:

Geoff, I know exactly what you mean with the greyed out fields. Came across it myself only yesterday - a form where all inputs had a grey background. It wasn't until I clicked in one of them that I realised the field was not disabled.

Yes, someone please, who writes for some of the major design magazines or ezines, please address this before it gets too out of hand because I feel a lot of people are implementing this, not realising that it does have a standards based meaning as an interface design attribute.

Geoff