From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Web Man Walking
Sent: 27 June 2007 09:25
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] Page Structure

Hello

I am about to start a new website and was given some advice by a SEO expert
who says the h1 on the page should be the most relevant thing to the page.
For example for a Sports Packages company I design the website for they
have:

Company Name
Tagline
Page Content

Which in my instance is:

Glory Days
tickets, accommodation & travel packages for major events throughout the uk,
europe and worldwide
Rugby World Cup 2007 Packages

How should this be marked up:

<h1>Glory Days</h1>
<h2>tickets, accommodation & travel packages for major events throughout the
uk, europe and worldwide</h2>
<h3>Rugby World Cup 2007 Packages</h3>

However the Rugby World Cup 2007 is the actual page content, they say that
should be the <h1> does anyone have a better suggestion as to how to deal
with this common problem?

Regards

Ed Henderson

Web Man Walking - web design & usability experts
t: 0131 669 8800
m: 0781 253 6964
f: 0797 062 1532
e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]