On Aug 4, 2007, at 10:45 AM, Gunlaug Sørtun wrote:

Back to Tee's problem with 'body {font-size: 62.5%}' etc in Opera/ Mac. It may be caused by the preset value for 'minimum font size' in that browser/OS. If someone can check the preset value for 'minimum font size' in an unaltered Opera/Mac, as I set mine to '14px' years ago and have since just updated it, and I can't remember the preset value. Now I can't even check Tee's problem, because my Mac is off-line.

Unless my copy is sick, the default is 9px.
I did notice sometimes that Opera Mac (and maybe Win) tends to round- up decimal percentage points more aggressively than other browsers on my Mac(s). That is more often the case in a complex cascade (e.g. starting at 85.5% font-size, then a descendant has 90.5%, etc). I've seen Opera round the numbers upwards more often (that is not more than 1px per step, but can add up for deeply nested elements)

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com>