I am sure most experienced Web authors know this, but some newer ones might
not. A quick and handy way to incrementally zoom and/or change text size when
viewing a web page is via keyboard shortcuts (Windows O/S):

Here is an expanded and updated compilation for zooming and/or changing text
size via keyboard shortcuts (Windows O/S) when viewing web pages :

When using ]MSIE] .....

Zoom out: ctrl + (larger - repeat until desired size is obtained)
Zoom in:  ctrl -  (smaller - repeat until desired size is obtained)
Return to original size: ctrl 0 (zero)

When using Firefox ..... same as with MSIE (You can specify "change text size
only" in Firefox via the top menu bar:  View ---> Zoom ---> Zoom Text only.
Setting remains until changed. The above keyboard shortcuts will now only
change the text size leaving the image sizes as original).

When using Safari/Chrome ..... same as with MSIE except the keyboard shortcuts
only change the text size leaving the image sizes as original.

When using Opera ..... same as for Firefox/MSIE except use shift + for Zoom
out.

(Quick zooming via a scrolling mouse: ctrl - scroll wheel)

Web developers/authors might want to check pages they are composing to be sure
navigation is not affected by incremental zooming (visitors will seldom zoom
more than three increments). In my experience, many visitors (especially those
with diminished vision) to web pages now increase the text size by one or two
increments for easier reading especially when very small text is encountered.

James
--
http://jp29.org/index.php - Web Authoring References & Resources
Non-commercial interoperable web pages