(Hoping this thread isn't off topic)

Isn't this all a storm in a tea cup? Last time I checked, Australia
was still a democracy, and while *somebody* must have voted for
Conroy, we (Australians) still get a say.

But aren't there some serious practical barriers to this? Would ISP's
seriously get behind this? Is it even technically feasible to do
properly? And will the internet surfing population of Australia get
behind it? We have all kinds of talk in the press about getting a high
speed network, while at the same time there is talk of this filtering
guff *slowing* the our net by up to 80%.

What I'm saying is: I don't know how much I care about this issue.
Yes, it's shocking that anyone would try this in Australia, but aren't
it's chances of getting off the ground about zero?

Nedlud.