I was originally involved in the testing of the Net Alert server based filters
from a User perspective. Of course a lot of the information is confidential,
but it shouldn't harm to point you to some of the publicly available
information:

http://www.netalert.gov.au/advice/publications/reports/a_study_on_server_based_internet_filters.html

The section "User Experience" may be of particular interest.

I should also add that the tests I was involved in were done 1 or 2 years back
in a specifically prepared environment and I am not aware which changes, if
any, have been made to the systems. It seems now they are testing it all in
reality with ISPs.

Andreas.

database 3644 (20081126) __________

http://www.eset.com