macs can run windows fonts as well. There may be conflicts though if you run the same font from both os's simultaneously though. but loading fonts can be a resource burden as they all load into RAM at startup. I recommend the excellent and free Linotype http://www.linotype.com/fontexplorerX Font ExplorerX to open and close fonts as required.
Like iTunes for fonts.

Also available for windows users.