Henry Mencia wrote:
 So you just have serif or sans serif  in the font-family?

Pretty much, unless a client specifies otherwise (and I'll try to talk them around).

The biggest cost I have seen in web design since 1996, when I started, is the perceived need to make the web like the printed page. That, and the desire to make it pixel-identical in multiple browsers.

Let the control go to the user, focus on getting information out there. You can't control everything, just make it make sense.

I do test in multiple browsers, but only to make sure I haven't put some dumb hack in to fix a problem in one, that breaks something somewhere else.

</rant>

~mark