Hi

Eric Kow wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 18:57:29 +0100, Eric Kow wrote:
> > This is where Kevin Ollivier of wxWidgets pointed out something
> > interesting: in the current wxWidgets trunk, it should be possible to
> > automatically generate the C bindings from the Doxygen XML output.  In
> > fact, he has already done something similar for Python, metadata to
> > Python objects:
> >
> > http://trac.wxwidgets.org/browser/wxWidgets/trunk/docs/doxygen/doxymlparser.py
>
> Following up on this, I did
>
>   svn checkout http://svn.wxwidgets.org/svn/wx/wxWidgets/trunk wxWidgets
>   cd wxWidgets/doc/doxygen
>   ./regen.sh
>   python doxymlparser.py --report out/xml/classwx_button.xml
>
> Attached is the XML file (input) and the output of this script.

I had a quick look at the output and it seems to have some shortcomings.

The output has only one constructor, whereas the input XML has two. Many
of the return types also seems missing. Eg.

Method: GetLabel
Return Type:
Params: []
Prototype: wxString wxButton::GetLabel() const
Brief Description:

Regarding the return type, we could parse the prototype string and
ignore the "Return type".

Greetings,

Mads Lindstrøm