All,
  I've been following the installation instructions  in section 1 of
https://wiki.haskell.org/WxHaskell/Windows

wxWidgets 3.0 and wxhaskell >=0.92

All goes well until I try to install wxc

------ log extract start -----
Installed wxdirect-0.92.0.0

C:\ghc\wxHaskell>cabal install .\wxc
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring wxc-0.92.0.0...
Failed to install wxc-0.92.0.0
Last 10 lines of the build log (
C:\Users\butrfeld\AppData\Roaming\cabal\logs\wx
c-0.92.0.0.log ):
[1 of 1] Compiling Main             ( wxc\Setup.hs, wxc\dist\setup\Main.o )
Linking .\wxc\dist\setup\setup.exe ...
Could not find a dynamic library to check bitness, continuing installation
Configuring wxc-0.92.0.0...

Please use the --wxcfg flag (as in wx-config --wxcfg=gcc_dll\mswud)
or set the environment variable WXCFG (as in WXCFG=gcc_dll\mswud)
to specify which configuration exactly you want to use.
readProcess failed: readProcess: wx-config "--version" (exit 1): failed
setup.exe: failed
wxc-0.92.0.0 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1
--------- log extract pause -----

This is strange, so I check, and to be sure, I set WXCFG
C:\Users\butrfeld\AppData\Roaming\cabal\logs\wx
c-0.92.0.0.log ):
Could not find a dynamic library to check bitness, continuing installation
Configuring wxc-0.92.0.0...

Please use the --wxcfg flag (as in wx-config --wxcfg=gcc_dll\mswud)
or set the environment variable WXCFG (as in WXCFG=gcc_dll\mswud)
to specify which configuration exactly you want to use.
readProcess failed: readProcess: wx-config "--version" (exit 1): failed
setup.exe: failed
wxc-0.92.0.0 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1
------ log extract pause ------

How do I fix this? What is going on?

Installed 32-bit Haskell Platform on 64-bit Win 8.1
(I did that because the instructions talk about mingw32-make)

Regards, and thanks,
   Andrew