Andrew,

I just compiled on Win 7 64 bit. I’m not experienced with compiling wxWidgets,
but this is what I did:

Installed TDM GCC 64 bit.
Change path to put it before the Haskell gcc
Downloaded wxWidgets 3.0.2 tarball. Not the git head. It had some problems
compiling.

export WXWIN="C:\Users\…your-name...\Documents\wxWidgets-3.0.2"
export WXCFG="gcc_dll\mswu"

Run cmd.exe and cd to build\msw

mingw32-make -j8 -f Makefile.gcc SHARED=1 UNICODE=1 BUILD=release VENDOR=cl
CXXFLAGS="-fno-keep-inline-dllexport -std=gcc++11" MONOLITHIC=1

Note, gcc++11, not c++11

Search for the two dll files in lib and copy them to c:\Widows\System32 or
wherever you want them

Get the latest wxHaskell code, because the last release has this compile error:

 "C:\Program Files\Haskell Platform\2014.2.0.0\mingw\bin\gcc.exe"
"-Isrc/include" "-IC:\SourceCode\wxWidgets\include"
"-IC:\SourceCode\wxWidgets\lib\gcc_dll\mswu" "-DWXUSINGDLL" "-D_UNICODE"
"-D__WXDEBUG__" "-D__WXMSW__" "-DHAVE_W32API_H" "-DwxcREFUSE_MEDIACTRL"
"-DBUILD_DLL" "-c" "src\cpp\eljlistctrl.cpp" "-o"
"dist\dist-sandbox-d11f86f1\build\src/cpp/eljlistctrl.o"
src\cpp\eljlistctrl.cpp: In function 'int ListCmp(long int, long int, long
int)':
src\cpp\eljlistctrl.cpp:16:23: warning: cast to pointer from integer of
different size [-Wint-to-pointer-cast]
src\cpp\eljlistctrl.cpp:16:53: warning: cast to pointer from integer of
different size [-Wint-to-pointer-cast]
src\cpp\eljlistctrl.cpp: In function 'bool wxListCtrl_SortItems(wxListCtrl*,
void*, void*)':
src\cpp\eljlistctrl.cpp:478:41: error: cast from 'EiffelSort* {aka
_EiffelSort*}' to 'long int' loses precision [-fpermissive]
src\cpp\eljlistctrl.cpp:478:44: error: invalid conversion from 'int (*)(long
int, long int, long int)' to 'wxListCtrlCompare {aka int (*)(long long int,
long long int, long long int)}' [-fpermissive]
C:\SourceCode\wxWidgets\include/wx/msw/listctrl.h:342:10: error:   initializing
argument 1 of 'bool wxListCtrl::SortItems(wxListCtrlCompare, wxIntPtr)'
[-fpermissive]
cabal.exe: Error: some packages failed to install:
wxc-0.91.0.0 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

Add the latest wxHaskell code path to my sandbox.

Fix windows path so that the Haskell gcc comes first again

Compile the wxHaskell app.

Find the wxc.dll in the sandbox and copy to c:\Windows\System32 or wherever you
want it

And things work.

Note my other e-mail about command line args.

With the above, my linux wxHaskell app compiled and ran on Windows 7 64 bit.

Like I said, not an expert on this. Just hacked to something that worked.

Mike