On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 22:52:14 +0100, Andrew Butterfield
<andrew.butterfi...@scss.tcd.ie> wrote:

:
> Configuring wxc-0.92.0.0...
>
> Please use the --wxcfg flag (as in wx-config --wxcfg=gcc_dll\mswud)
> or set the environment variable WXCFG (as in WXCFG=gcc_dll\mswud)
> to specify which configuration exactly you want to use.
> readProcess failed: readProcess: wx-config "--version" (exit 1): failed
> setup.exe: failed
> wxc-0.92.0.0 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
> ExitFailure 1
> ------ log extract pause ------
>
> How do I fix this? What is going on?
>
> Installed 32-bit Haskell Platform on 64-bit Win 8.1
> (I did that because the instructions talk about mingw32-make)

Did you set WXWIN to the correct value, something like:
   WXWIN=C:\Libs\wxWidgets\3.0.2
?

Another reason why the compilation failed, might be that the configuration
file specifies a debug build, instead of a release build.

You can build a 64 bit wxHaskell, even though there is a 32 in the name
mingw32-make; take care that you build wxWidgets with the same bitness. To
build wxWidgets as 64 bits DLLs, I changed some values in
build\msw\config.gcc to:

   # Standard flags for CC
   CFLAGS ?= -m64

   # Standard flags for C++
   CXXFLAGS ?= -m64

   # Standard preprocessor flags (common for CC and CXX)
   CPPFLAGS ?= -D_M_AMD64

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

--