2006-10-09 John Labenski wrote:
> On 10/9/06, wombat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Ladies and gentlemen,
>>
>> Has anyone successfully built wxLua on Mac OS 10.4
>> (which comes with wxWidgets 2.5 built in)?  If so, I'd
>> appreciate some directions.

I have built it successfully, on Mac OS X 10.3 and now on 10.4 too.

You shouldn't use the ancient wxWidgets that apple ships, though.
(they only threw that in because of some wxPython program they use)
Instead, download wxWidgets 2.6.3 plus Patch 2 and compile it...
http://wxwidgets.org/downloads/

You probably also want add the extra contribs wxSTC and wxStEdit ?
(stc comes with wxWidgets, wxStEdit is available at wxCode.sf.net)
http://wxcode.sourceforge.net/

I needed to patch two small wxLua bugs, but otherwise it worked.
http://www.algonet.se/~afb/wx/wxlua-2.6.2.0-macdropsource.patch
http://www.algonet.se/~afb/wx/wxlua-2.6.2.0-macgetpixel.patch

However, you need to use --disable-shared and compile wxLua statically.
It is missing somehow symbols from the internal Lua library otherwise.
This is probably just the same bug as earlier, with dynamic linking ?

> I have not yet tried, but hopefully the configure script in the root
> dir will work for you. You should definitely use the newest nightly
> snapshot or better yet, the CVS version of wxLua since it will have a
> much better chance of working in OSX.

I tried the latest wxLua CVS again today, here are the errors I got:

../modules/wxbind/src/clipdrag.cpp: In function 'int
wxDropSourceData_constructor(lua_State*)':
../modules/wxbind/src/clipdrag.cpp:1574: error: no matching function
for call to 'wxDropSource::wxDropSource(wxDataObject&, wxWindow*&,
const wxIcon&, const wxIcon&, const wxIcon&)'

../modules/wxbind/src/controls.cpp: In function 'int
wxLua_wxListCtrl_GetEditControl(lua_State*)':
../modules/wxbind/src/controls.cpp:2544: error: 'class wxListCtrl' has
no member named 'GetEditControl'

../modules/wxbind/src/gdi.cpp: In function 'int
wxColour_GetPixel(lua_State*)':
../modules/wxbind/src/gdi.cpp:2451: error: invalid conversion from
'const unsigned char*' to 'long int'

Patch to fix them uploaded here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=1574460&group_id=140042&atid=745326

Once I sort out the issues that wxLua and wxStEdit has with building
a Universal Binary, I will submit a pre-built binary for wxLua/wxMac.
(it doesn't seem to understand multi-arch "fat" builds, and -isysroot
arguments etc. And libstedit.dylib symlink seemed to be missing etc.)

Keep up the good work with wxLua!
--anders