Everything else seems great, I'm using VC 2003 and nmake.exe and both
release and debug work even with the wxStEditor lib!

But, for SHARED=1 the paths for the dlls are
..\..\lib\wxmsw_msw26_wxlua.dll
but should be
..\..\..\lib\[vc_dll]\wxmsw_msw26_wxlua.dll

Also, I see in the changelog that lib\vc_dll is now only \lib, see
line 305 here.
http://wxlua.cvs.sourceforge.net/wxlua/wxLua/modules/build/msw/makefile.vc?r1=1.53&r2=1.54

I can't find the change to common.bkl? that caused this.

wxWidgets seems to build it's libs in only
lib/vc_lib  for all lib builds release, debug, unicode
lib/vc_dll  for all dll builds release, debug, unicode

Can we change it to this? Is this something else that should be in the
WX_PRESETS? In addition to wxWidgets style lib names, also wxWidgets
style lib paths?

I think the only reason to separate lib builds is that if you build a
lib you get *.lib, but if you buid a dll with the same release, debug,
unicode settings you get *.lib + *.dll and the *.libs have the same
names, but conflict due to the DLLIMPEXP symbols.

Finally, (and this is only if it's easy) can we output the *.obj files
to just "vc_msw[u][d][dll]" like wxWidgets does? Again maybe this
belongs in WX_PRESETS so that a uniform *.obj file directory structure
is used. (I know this is not important, but if the code could be in
the WXPRESETS once it doesn't have to be duplicated.)

Sigh... all this would be so much easier if we could just the
wxWidgets bakefiles in user projects (as I showed how it could be done
years ago). That way wxWidgets users use the same bakefile code as the
library itself and guarantee that everything is the same and any
updates to wxWidgets don't have to be duplicated in the wxpresets!
Grrrr :/

Thanks,
     John Labenski