On 12/15/06, klaas.holwerda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> John Labenski wrote:
> > On 12/15/06, klaas.holwerda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> It works more or less. E.g. it comes up but i need to resize it a little
> >> to show it properly.
> >
> It stays gray at first, so the wxLuaIDE does not adjust itself to the
> wxDialog that is around it somehow.
> And i don't know  what to call to make it size properly.

I think I should use a sizer to arrange things, maybe it's not getting
a final wxSizeEvent so that the code in wxLuaIDE::OnSize isn't run.

> http://wxart2d.cvs.sourceforge.net/wxart2d/wxArt2D/modules/luawraps/
> in the files luawrap.cpp and luawrap.h

I don't see that you really do anything special to get it working? The
class "a2dLuaConsole" as used in this dialog "a2dLuaExecDlg" right?

> >> Any way, i would like very much to have this  wxLuaIDE  inside one of
> >> the libaries instead of having it as  part of  a wxLua application.
> >> Then i would not need to copy wxledit.* anymore into wxArt2D.
> >
> > Umm, we alreay have a lot of module libs, it's a little anoying to for
> > me to work on all the little bits, plus since the wxLuaEdit app
> > depends on wxStEdit I think it'd be best to keep it off to the side.
> > Maybe we could build libs for the wxledit.h/cpp files in the wxluaedit
> > app and not make another module directory?
> >
> That would mean more include paths. Is there not an existing module
> where this fits in? Aah wxstedit needed right!
> It would also exclude it from use in wxluacan, which would  be a nice
> demo on how to integrate wxlua scripting  in any app.
> I think a module would be best, although i understand that you are not
> happy with that.

What about just adding the path $(WXLUA) to your include path and then
include this in the header
#include "apps/wxluaedit/src/wxledit.h"
and this in the cpp file
#include "apps/wxluaedit/src/wxledit.cpp"

It's a little unconventional, but will easily work. The only thing is
that it won't work if you install wxlua to a system directory? Do you
do that?

> Maybe we just need a "misc" module, in which we can put all the smaller
> things, which are too small for a new module.

Nah, again it needs wxstedit and I don't think anything else ever will.

> Just curious, why do you find it annoying?, i work with VC IDE and there
> it does not bother me that i have 16 modules?
> Without and IDE, it might be cd'ing a lot, but for that we have krusader
> is't it :-)

Its ok I guess. I hate to have a whole separate module for just
wxledit.h/cpp, seems like overkill. Let me know what you think about
the #include hack above.

On the code editor standpoint, I haven't found  good one for Linux. I
just use my editor in the modules directory to load all the files.
$wxStEdit -r *.h *.cpp &

The problem I have is that all the IDEs I've tried want to generate
build files or other files for me, but all my projects are complete
and I can't find how to not make them be so "helpful". The last I
tried kdevelop was the least intrusive, but I forget why I stopped
using it.

Regards,
    John Labenski