John Labenski wrote:
>> http://wxart2d.cvs.sourceforge.net/wxart2d/wxArt2D/modules/luawraps/
>> in the files luawrap.cpp and luawrap.h
>>

> I don't see that you really do anything special to get it working? The
> class "a2dLuaConsole" as used in this dialog "a2dLuaExecDlg" right?

Right. I normally just call things like Fit(), what special think should
i try?
I must admit that i am not so good in sizers and how and why what to call.

> What about just adding the path $(WXLUA) to your include path and then
> include this in the header
> #include "apps/wxluaedit/src/wxledit.h"
> and this in the cpp file
> #include "apps/wxluaedit/src/wxledit.cpp"

In that case better copy, since how will users understand such things.
Currently i do already set WXLUA (after installing), just to get to the
script for generating the bindings.
This is part of the Cmake files. But not needed, if using a released
distribution, so acceptable.
But asking users to have wxLua installed, and the wxLua source to get to
the two wxledit files, is a bit to much.
> It's a little unconventional, but will easily work. The only thing is
> that it won't work if you install wxlua to a system directory? Do you
> do that?

Yes, that i always do. Do you use  it with --prefix?
> Its ok I guess. I hate to have a whole separate module for just
> wxledit.h/cpp, seems like overkill. Let me know what you think about
> the #include hack above.

You have seen the problem with it already. Also the bitmaps in the art
directory is a problem, they would need to be installed too, if it were
a library. So if it not will be a module, i stick to copying for the
moment. Still wxluacan would be oke to include/use the files like you
propose.  Maybe a nice add once it starts working.

BTW is  a step mode in scripts possible from the wxLuaIDE class?

> On the code editor standpoint, I haven't found  good one for Linux. I
> just use my editor in the modules directory to load all the files.
> $wxStEdit -r *.h *.cpp &

You should have a look at krusader, almost the same as windows commander
on windows.
I use it for almost anything (edit, search, pack, browse dirs.).

Klaas